Lasercentury Powersupply

Betrieb, Bau und Modifikation von Netzteilen.
Antworten
ladage
Lasercentury Powersupply

Beitrag von ladage » So 24 Aug, 2008 10:47 pm

Hello guys,
I've got a question...
I have two 500mw 532nm dpps laser overhere.
I noticed a difference in output power between those two so i started to measure some things.
When i supply a constant 5 volt on the blanking input i have different readings on the diode voltage.
One is reading 2.21 Volts, the other is 2.01 volts. The one with the highest voltage also gives the highest power.
The powersupplies look almost the same like the ones of CNI in another thread. (Those build in into a black housing)
Can i assume with those readings that the diode of one of them is dying ?
I don't have any schematics of the powersupply so turning around on the trims seems me not the right way.
I know you have not much information rigt now but maybe you can give me some advice on this.

Thanks,
Marco

kilovolt
Do you already have Laser-Equipment?: Argonlaser ALC-60X, Argon-Krypton-Laser Melles Griot 643, diverse HeNe-Laser, diverse DPSS-Lasermodule
Beitrag von kilovolt » Di 02 Sep, 2008 1:57 pm

Hello Lavage :wink:

Even though I have not much experience with Diode-Lasers, I assume the difference between both diode voltages is normal. This is just about 10%. If you think about properties of LED's, you will notice there are also similar differencies in voltage drop between different LED's. I think this occurs due to factory tolerances because it is difficult (or even not possible) to produce semi conductors with exactly the same properties. more important than the voltage drop is the current flow through the diode. The current must be regulated and should be the same for both diodes.

Very best regards
kilovolt
Alle Angaben meinerseits ohne Gewähr! Ich lehne jegliche Haftung für Personen- und/oder Sachschäden ab. Jeder ist für seine Sicherheit selber verantwortlich.

http://www.kilovolt.ch

Antworten

Zurück zu „Netzteile“