QM2000: Masse & DMX Common auf System Masse?

Alles rund um Lasershow Designer 2000 und Tools.

Moderatoren: decix, thomas

Gesperrt
john

QM2000: Masse & DMX Common auf System Masse?

Beitrag von john » Sa 09 Feb, 2002 11:23 am

Hallo,

habe da mal eine Frage zum QM2000 Board. Wieso sind folgende Pinne intern in der QM2000 NICHT miteinandere verbunden:

- Aussenkontakt der Buchsen (Steckergehäuse)
- Masse der DB25 Buchse (Pin25)
- Commom der DMX Buchse (Pin6)
- Masseanschluß des PCI Bus

Eigentlich müßten sie das doch sein bzw. werden es pätestens durch Verschalten der Komponenten, oder nicht?

John

<small>[ 09 February 2002, 11:24: Message edited by: John ]</small>
Anbieterkennzeichnung - http://www.cyberstoff.de/Impressum

pangolinlaser
Re: QM2000: Masse & DMX Common auf System Masse?

Beitrag von pangolinlaser » Fr 22 Feb, 2002 8:58 am

Hmmm.

I am not sure that I understand the question. If you can ask the question differently, or perhaps use other words, maybe I can answer your question.

Best regards,

William Benner
Pangolin Laser Systems

john

Beitrag von john » Fr 22 Feb, 2002 9:35 am

In my electronic systems, I always connect all the ground lines and cable shields together, to avoid problems with ground. Using QM2000 hardware from my point of view

- Pin 25 / DB25 (Ground/Cable Shield)
- Pin 6 / DB 9 DMX (Signal Common)
- PC Ground

should be connected internally on the QM2000 Board, but they are not. In fact the DB25 Shield is only connected to PCs Ground by mechanical contact to the PC housing. Why are there no internal connections between ground signals?

John

john

Beitrag von john » Fr 22 Feb, 2002 1:24 pm

@Andi

Ok, das mit der sternförmigen Verteilung vom PC Gehäuse aus leuchtet mir ein.
Jedoch verbinde ich in meiner Laserbank zwangsläufig Pin25 mit der Masse der Laserbank. Entsteht nicht hierdurch auch eine Masseschleife ? Gleiches gilt für den "Common" der DMX Ausgabe.

John

andi

Beitrag von andi » Sa 23 Feb, 2002 12:32 am

John

der gemeinsame Massenpunkt im PC ist die Masse des Mainboards über die Verschraubung zum Gehäuse. Damit ist die sternförmige Masse-Verteilung von diesem zentralen Punkt aus gegeben.

Wenn Du die Masse an den einzelnen Steckkarten auch noch mal verbindest schaffst Du damit eine Erdschlaufe (ground loop) und erhälst unter Umständen Ausgleichsströme. Diese Ausgleichsströme können sich insbesondere bei Karten mit Analogen DC-gekoppelten Ausgängen negativ bemerkbar machen.

Die elektrische Verbindung vom SUB-D Steckergehäuse auf das PC-Gehäuse ist ja vollumfänglich gewährleistet. Es handelt sich hier ja nicht um eine elektrisch leitende Masse sondern um eine reine Schirmung gegenüber Einstreuungen in die Leitungen zum Scanner/PCAOM.

Es empfiehlt sich für beste Störsicherheit bei langen Leitungen, ein 25-pol-Kabel plus Schirm (nur anzuschliessen an den Gehäusen) sowie vollmetallene Steckergehäuse zu verwenden und PIN 25 nicht mit dem Gehäuse/Schirmgeflecht zu verbinden. So übertragen sich die Einstreuungen auf das Schirmgeflecht nicht auf den mitgeführten Ground. Dies ist vor allem bei assymetrisch angeschlossenen Scannerverstärkern oder PCAOM von deutlichem Vorteil.

Gruss

Andi

pangolinlaser

Beitrag von pangolinlaser » Sa 23 Feb, 2002 2:56 am

Hello there,

Well, there are actually a few issues here. First, let me point out the easy issue. The DB15 connector on the QM2000 is intended primarily for DMX-512. The DMX-512 output of the QM2000 is completely isolated from ground or any other signal. The reason is because the DMX cable can be sent up to 4000 feet (nearly 1 mile) and if you connect the ground of the DMX transmitter to the ground of the DMX receiver, a ground loop would no doubt exist. What's more, DMX lighting equipment may be at different voltage levels and mixing grounds in this way is asking for a fire, or at the very least a severe electrical shock!!

The second issue is the DB25 connector from the QM2000 which is intended for scanners and PCAOMs. Pin 25 of this connector is absolutely connected to the ground of the PC, through ground planes and other electrical connections. This pin may or may not!!! be connected to the PCAOM and the Scanners. Remember that the QM2000 has a differential output and the + and - signals for both the scanners and the PCAOM fully convey the analog signal of the QM2000. The ground connection may or may not!! create a ground loop and disturb your scanned images. I use the term may or may not because it really depends on the rest of your system. Sometimes including the ground will cause problems, other times it will fix the problems.

The last thing that I want to point out is the most important part. You should electrically isolate the laser from the optics bench! This is very important. If you do not, you will have a ground loop or at the very least, the potential for electrocution. It would take me far more words to fully describe why I make this recommendation and if any of you attend the SIB conference, I will be happy to explain it to you. But suffice it to say, I recommend that you use nylon insulators under the laser to prevent the body of the laser from being connected to the chassis of your projector. This is the biggest problem that we see in the field.

Best regards,

William Benner
Pangolin Laser Systems

Gesperrt

Zurück zu „Pangolin Lasershow Designer & Tools“